Dale Dougherty, founder of Make magazine and co-founder of Maker Faire, was in town this week for SXSWedu and we had the honor of co-hosting an evening with him at the Capital Factory downtown, along with the Austin Hardware Start Up MeetUp group. He spoke to a packed house about Maker Faires and the exponential growth of the Maker movement they have brought about, bringing makerspaces into our schools and libraries, bringing back mentorship and apprenticeship as ways to encourage young makers, and so much more. He was down-to-earth, friendly, and approachable and led a lively Q and A after a short talk. So awesome to spend time with this great innovator and world-changer!
Free Digital Issue
Our latest tweetsMy Tweets
Follow us on instagram @austinmakerfaire! Please hashtag #ammf #ammf2014 #makerfaire on your maker faire pictures!
- Couldn't have done it without so many beautiful #volunteers!!
- The #makerfaire #powercouple!!
- Hundreds of potholder a were made at #makerfaireaustin !! #classiccraft
- Blue ribbon for #troop49 !! This rope made out of t-shirts is the bomb!! #tshirtyarn #makerfaire #peopleareamazing
- In case you missed it. Here's a glimpse inside hall 1 of #makerfaireaustin