Cosplay… You know you want to. Just because we get older doesn’t mean we still don’t like to play Dress Up every now and again. (As evidenced by the huge industry Halloween costumes for adults has become.) But why should October get all the glory? Ren Faire, Conventions, and meetups provide, throughout the year, plenty of excuses to dress a bit… differently then one might feel comfortable donning in you everyday life. You’re not REQUIRED to wear a costume at events like these, but it’s easy to become inspired and want to dip your toe in… Or maybe you’re just tired of buying off the rack when Halloween rolls around. Either way, you no doubt have questions. Do I need to know how to sew? Do I need to spend a lot of money? Does it need to be “screen accurate”? I’ll tell you right now, the answer to all of these questions is “No”. So… That was a spoiler and maybe you think you don’t need to come to my presentation now, but do come anyway because I hate talking to myself.
Free Digital Issue
Our latest tweetsMy Tweets
Follow us on instagram @austinmakerfaire! Please hashtag #ammf #ammf2014 #makerfaire on your maker faire pictures!
- Couldn't have done it without so many beautiful #volunteers!!
- The #makerfaire #powercouple!!
- Hundreds of potholder a were made at #makerfaireaustin !! #classiccraft
- Blue ribbon for #troop49 !! This rope made out of t-shirts is the bomb!! #tshirtyarn #makerfaire #peopleareamazing
- In case you missed it. Here's a glimpse inside hall 1 of #makerfaireaustin