Members make handmade lace using bobbin lace, tatting, knitting, crochet, & needle lace techniques. Bobbin lace uses a pattern mounted on a pillow & manipulating bobbins holding the thread. Tatting uses either a shuttle or tatting needles to create the 2 step stitch. Kitting uses a minimum of two pointed needles of various sizes. Crochet uses various size needles with a hook on the end of it. Needle lace uses a needle & thread of various sizes to make projects.
Free Digital Issue
Our latest tweetsMy Tweets
Follow us on instagram @austinmakerfaire! Please hashtag #ammf #ammf2014 #makerfaire on your maker faire pictures!
- Couldn't have done it without so many beautiful #volunteers!!
- The #makerfaire #powercouple!!
- Hundreds of potholder a were made at #makerfaireaustin !! #classiccraft
- Blue ribbon for #troop49 !! This rope made out of t-shirts is the bomb!! #tshirtyarn #makerfaire #peopleareamazing
- In case you missed it. Here's a glimpse inside hall 1 of #makerfaireaustin