Lil’Red can be used to boost PV output over 40%, or even as a heliostat. It uses two separate single axis tracking controllers that were designed to be as simple yet compact as possible. The “TinyTracker” controllers are an effect yet low-cost device based on the Atmel ATTiny85 microprocessor, which is supported by the Arduino Open Source software development system, and can be easily re-programmed for different tracking needs.
A hands-on TinyTracker that can be pointed at different angles toward a light source is connected to an actuator motor, and allows visitors to learn about light sensing and see how trackers work.
Free Digital Issue
Our latest tweetsMy Tweets
Follow us on instagram @austinmakerfaire! Please hashtag #ammf #ammf2014 #makerfaire on your maker faire pictures!
- Couldn't have done it without so many beautiful #volunteers!!
- The #makerfaire #powercouple!!
- Hundreds of potholder a were made at #makerfaireaustin !! #classiccraft
- Blue ribbon for #troop49 !! This rope made out of t-shirts is the bomb!! #tshirtyarn #makerfaire #peopleareamazing
- In case you missed it. Here's a glimpse inside hall 1 of #makerfaireaustin