Come see how new materials and tools are used to construct a cutting edge homebuilt hovercraft. Our demo hovercraft has parts made on a 3D printer, a CNC hotwire machine, and a water jet cutter, and the electronic control system is powered by an Arduino! We’re working to make hovercraft easier, safer, and more fun for builders of all experience levels. We have a recently completed hovercraft on display, as well as a retired engine that’s been cut away and turned into an interactive model.
Free Digital Issue
Our latest tweetsMy Tweets
Follow us on instagram @austinmakerfaire! Please hashtag #ammf #ammf2014 #makerfaire on your maker faire pictures!
- Couldn't have done it without so many beautiful #volunteers!!
- The #makerfaire #powercouple!!
- Hundreds of potholder a were made at #makerfaireaustin !! #classiccraft
- Blue ribbon for #troop49 !! This rope made out of t-shirts is the bomb!! #tshirtyarn #makerfaire #peopleareamazing
- In case you missed it. Here's a glimpse inside hall 1 of #makerfaireaustin