How do we equip the current generation with the sustainability skills they need to address the ‘grand challenges’ such as climate change? We think hands-on, design-centered challenges are the key – and that’s why we got a used dumpster. From design to implementation, students will use innovative math and science curricula to help Professor Dumpster transform the barely habitable garbage container into a sustainable house and interactive teaching lab. Located at Huston-Tillotson University, the Dumpster Project and Professor Dumpster will need all the help he can get because he’s been living in his Dumpster since February, and it’s about to get hot here in Texas!
Free Digital Issue
Our latest tweetsMy Tweets
Follow us on instagram @austinmakerfaire! Please hashtag #ammf #ammf2014 #makerfaire on your maker faire pictures!
- Couldn't have done it without so many beautiful #volunteers!!
- The #makerfaire #powercouple!!
- Hundreds of potholder a were made at #makerfaireaustin !! #classiccraft
- Blue ribbon for #troop49 !! This rope made out of t-shirts is the bomb!! #tshirtyarn #makerfaire #peopleareamazing
- In case you missed it. Here's a glimpse inside hall 1 of #makerfaireaustin